Family 2020

Family 2020
Family Christmas 2020. Love these people so much!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Christmas List

A few years ago, my relatives were asking what they could buy my kiddos for Christmas. I sat in my play room/garage and surveyed the mountains of toys that they already possessed. I knew they didn't need anything, and besides, more toys meant more work for me, trying to keep them sorted into boxes and sets. I finally settled on sending out a list of what we already had, in hopes of discouraging the shopping grannies. The list began to take on a rhythm of its own and this is what emerged:


We have -
Too many dollies of every size,
Too many crayons and craft supplies,

Too many tool boxes for any child,
Too many purses – it’s driving me wild!

Too many cars and rockets and rocks,
Too many Legos to put in a box.

Every necklace ever made,
Fish tanks, puzzles, stamps to trade,

Remote control cars, and models galore,
Plastic guns – too many to store,

Stuffed animals, markers, electric trains,
Weaving loom, pottery wheel, roller blades,

More videos, trucks, balls, and knives
Than we could use in all our lives.

Too many race tracks, bats, and strollers,
(Sam Walton will have to roll over).

Bare floor – we cannot find.
Please take no offense, but I’m losing my mind!

The children need nothing, but if you must spend,
send money to a mission or to a poor friend.

*I guess the best gift that could be imparted
Is a bigger house than the one where we started.

We need more rooms, but if I die before that happens,
Just bury me with Play-Dough or some plastic contraption.

Pile me high with books (I’m rambling, now),
Prop up the pogo stick and bikes, somehow.

Throw on the water guns and army men, I guess.
‘Cause I won’t be around to clean up the mess!

(But remember - It didn't come to stay, it came to pass!)

No comments: